Need an easy banana bread recipe that tastes incredible & is also gluten, dairy & refined sugar-free? Look no further than this blueberry collagen banana bread!
- 1 heaping cup of ripe banana, mashed (about 2–3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup flax-meal
- 1 + 1/2 cup gluten-free baking flour (this is my favourite)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. I like to grease the ends with ghee & then line the parchment paper along the middle to easily pick up (see photos above).
- In a large mixing bowl add your ingredients & mix together well, adding the blueberries last.
- Pour into you prepared pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes until a fork or knife comes out relatively clean. The top should be browned & crispy/firm to the touch. Note that if you’re making muffins the baking time will be less, so check regularly. Baking times can also vary depending on the type of pan & your oven so just keep an eye on your bread while it bakes.
- Remove from the oven & let cool completely before cutting or removing your loaf.
- Slice & enjoy!
*I love this bread heated up or room temp with some ghee or almond butter.
**Store them in an air-sealed container for up to a week. I love to also freeze individual slices & remove as desired!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: bread
Keywords: banana, bread, blueberry, gluten free, dairy free