This gluten + dairy-free tuna noodle casserole is so easy to make! It is the perfect weeknight dinner to whip up & have the leftovers for a quick & easy lunch the next day! It is dairy-free, gluten-free, & absolutely delicious!
- 2 tbsp avocado or extra-virgin olive oil (or butter or vegan butter)
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 + 1/2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder, optional*
- 1 tsp garlic powder, optional*
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard, optional*
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 2 cans of tuna (170 g per can)
- 1 package of pasta (I used this chickpea pasta for added fibre & protein), prepared as indicated on package
- shredded cheese (dairy-free if needed), I recommend mozzarella or parmesan
- gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Over high heat in a large saucepan add the oil to the pan with the onion, garlic, & mushrooms. Saute for 3-5 minutes until the veggies are soft & fragrant.
- Add this mixture to a blender with the broth, milk & spices. Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Place this mixture back on the stovetop on med/high & add the frozen broccoli, peas, & canned tuna allowing the veggies for simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add this mixture to a casserole dish & mix in your prepared pasta of choice.
- Top with cheese (use dairy-free if needed) and gluten-free breadcrumbs, if desired.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes until the top is golden brown (if using the cheese & breadcrumbs)**.
- Serve & enjoy!
**If you are not using the cheese & breadcrumbs you can simply mix the heated sauce into the prepared pasta & enjoy, as is.
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: casserole
Keywords: tuna, noodle, dairy free