This easy black bean hummus is the perfect dip for chips, fresh veggies or by the spoonful! It requires a blender & can be made in under 10 minutes! It is vegan, gluten-free & plant-based with protein & fibre from the black beans.
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped & peeled
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped & peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (I used canned)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pink salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender & pulse/blend until smooth & creamy.
- Feel free to taste as you go & adjust for your preferences.
- Serve with a garnish of cilantro, diced jalapeño, etc.
- Store in an air-sealed container in the fridge & enjoy!