Cozy up to a warm mug of this easy golden milk latte! It actually takes only a couple of minutes to throw together & makes for a perfect warm drink any time of the day!
- 2 + 1/2 cups liquid of choice (I used half cashew milk & half water)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch nutmeg &/or cloves, optional
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1–2 scoops collagen peptides, optional
- 1–2 tsp honey or maple syrup (for a low-carb/keto option you can use stevia or monk fruit)
- 1/8–1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- *Make it a bulletproof by adding 1-2 tsp of coconut oil, coconut butter (aka manna) or ghee!
- Over low-medium heat in a medium sized pot add all of the ingredients except the sweetener & collagen peptides.
- Warm for a few minutes until the mixture is simmering. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat & let cool for a few minutes & then add to a blender. Note: you can blend everything first if you are worried about putting warm liquid in your blender.*
- Blend for about 30 seconds until smooth & creamy, adding the collagen & sweetener at the end.
- Serve with a bit of extra cinnamon & enjoy in your favourite mug!
*If you are making the bulletproof version I would recommend warming first & then blending as this is the best method when using coconut oil, coconut butter, or ghee.
- Category: drink
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: tea
Keywords: turmeric, tea, latte, drink