We are taking a summertime favourite & making it now perfect for fall with this fall pasta salad! You are getting perfectly roasted vegetables, crisp apple, pumpkin seeds, & freshly cooked pasta all drizzled in a rich maple balsamic dressing!
Fall Pasta Salad
- 3 cups prepared pasta of choice (I used this chickpea one for added fibre & protein, but any will work)
- 2 cups roasted veg of choice, diced (I used carrots & parsnips but sweet potato would also be great here)
- 2 handfuls of spinach, or greens of choice such as, spring mix or arugula (~2 cups)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, optional
- 1/2 cup feta cheese or dairy-free cheese of choice, optional
Maple Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Pink salt & pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl add the ingredients for the dressing together, mixing well & then set in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the pasta salad.
- Prepare the pasta as indicated on the box, drain & let cool while you prep the other ingredients.
- Roast your veggies of choice in your preferred oil at 400 F until a fork can easily pierce them, roasting time will depend on the size of your diced veggies.
- Slice & dice all of the other add-in’s & then mix them with the cooled pasta & drizzle with the dressing.
- Mix well, store in the fridge & serve cold. Enjoy!
- Category: pasta salad
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: sides
Keywords: pasta salad, fall