These gluten-free double chocolate banana muffins are packed full of rich chocolate-y goodness, all while being gluten, dairy & refined sugar-free!
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed (lots of brown spots are ideal for banana muffins)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sweetener of choice, I like this for a low-sugar option)
- 1/4 cup avocado or melted coconut oil (or melted butter/ghee)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 1/4 cups gluten-free flour (this is my favourite)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I like these for dairy-free & these for sugar-free)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl add your mashed banana, vanilla, pink salt, baking soda, & coconut sugar & mix together well.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients until combined adding the chocolate chips last.
- Pour the batter into you prepared muffin pan, filling each until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until a fork or knife comes out relatively clean. The top should be bouncy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven & let cool slightly before removing from the muffin pan.
- Store in an air-sealed container & enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free, muffin, banana