These gluten free ginger snaps are soft & chewy yet slightly crisp on the outside! They are the perfect holiday cookie that is also dairy-free & nut-free, sure to please all!
Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I recommend golden Lakanto for a lower sugar option)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp gluten-free flour (I used this one. If you aren’t gluten-free, regular flour should work)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (use Lakanto for a lower sugar option)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened coconut oil with the sugar until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, baking soda, salt & egg, mixing in well.
- Mix in the spices & molasses.
- Add your flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing into a dough.
- Roll the dough into cylinders (not balls), about 2-3 tbsp of dough per cookie.*
- Roll in the sugar topping & place on your baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, really making sure not to over-bake. I like to remove mine when they are still slightly soft in the middle.
- Once removed from the oven, let them cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes & then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cooled, after baking following this method they should be soft in the middle, yet crunchier on the outside.
- Store in an air-sealed container & enjoy!
*I find this produces the best final result. It allows the cookies to not spread too much when they are baking & makes them soft & chewy when the are cooled from the oven. See the photos in this post.
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: ginger snap, cookies