Start your day off right with these nutritious, fibre packed morning glory doughnuts (or muffins)! They are packed with nourishing good for you ingredients, & are gluten, dairy, & refined sugar free!
- 1/2 cup apple, grated (about 1 medium apple)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 cup Gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Baking Flour), 165 grams
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnut pieces
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup collagen optional*
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F. Grease a doughnut pan. I use a silicon one. Or line a muffin pan & set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, in the order listed above.
- Scoop the batter into your prepared pan & bake for about 22 minutes as doughnuts & 30 minutes for muffins.
- Check regularly & when a toothpick comes out mostly clean & the top bounces back they should be done.
- Let cool in the pan, remove & enjoy with nut butter, butter or coconut oil!