These gluten-free Starbucks oat fudge bars are also dairy, nut & refined sugar-free! They are sweet, rich, decadent, fudgy & the perfect treat any time of year!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 + 1/2 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened (get refined for no coconut flavour)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup egg whites (you can try 1 egg, I just ran out of eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 + 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- For the oatmeal bars, add the coconut oil & coconut sugar together. Add the rest of the ingredients adding the egg last, until well incorporated.
- Take 2/3 of the oatmeal mixture & press firmly into a parchment paper lined square baking dish. Save the remaining 1/3 for the top of the fudge layer.
Chocolate Fudge Layer
- For the chocolate fudge layer, simmer the coconut milk & coconut sugar over low heat in a medium sized pot until it begins to thicken (about 20-30 minutes).
- Stir the mixture using a spatula regularly to prevent burning.
- Once the mixture has thickened (test this by lifting the spatula out of the pot with some of the mixture on it, when it is ready it should be dropping slowly off the spatula in a long line). My mixture took about 21 minutes to thicken. Check it regularly & stir often to prevent it from burning to the pot.
- Once thickened, remove from the stovetop & let cool for a few minutes.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients & stir to combine.
- Evenly pour the fudge layer over the bottom oatmeal layer.
- Add the leftover oatmeal pieces to the top of the fudge layer, in little pieces throughout.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-28 minutes.
- Remove & let cool. Place the bars in the fridge for 8+ hours or overnight to harden.
- Slice into bars & enjoy!
*To keep this recipe gluten-free, make sure you’re using a certified gluten-free flour, as well as gluten-free oats.
Keywords: Copycat, Starbucks, oatmeal, fudge, granola, gluten free, dairy free, nut free