These paleo, Whole-30 approved, dairy-free, egg-free, baked salmon fish sticks need to be added to your dinner table! I love prepping them on the weekend to have for the busy week days. They are excellent with a homemade tartar sauce too!
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Pink or Celtic Sea Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 large salmon fillet or 4–5 small ones
- 1–2 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- Mix the almond flour, spices, ground flaxseed, pink salt & pepper together in a shallow dish & set aside.
- Cut the salmon into strips & carefully remove the skin if it is still on.
- Coat the salmon in 1-2 tbsp of avocado oil to get the mixture to stick if needed*.
- Place the salmon strips in the almond flour spice mixture & place on the baking tray (**see notes for air fryer method).
- Finish coating & evenly spreading the salmon strips onto the baking sheet (if they don’t all fit on one sheet use another one also lined with parchment paper so they can be spread evenly).
- Place in the oven, baking until the salmon is thoroughly cooked & the coating is slightly browned & crispy. This took mine about 20-30 minutes (baking times will vary depending on size of the strips & your oven so keep an eye on them).
- Remove from oven, let cool & serve to your liking! Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
*If you are having a hard time getting the coating to stick to your fish, simply cover a bit of oil onto the uncoated fish & that should resolve the issue.
**To prepare these in the air fryer, I like to spray a bit of cooking spray on the basket to prevent sticking. I evenly spread the prepped fish sticks into the air fryer basket. I set mine to 400 degrees F & bake until the salmon is well done, flipping once when they looked slightly browned. Check them regularly as cooking times may vary depending on your oven.
Keywords: salmon, fish sticks, weeknight meal, dinner, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, egg free, almond flour, whole-30, paleo