These healthy banana bread granola bars are full of hearty oats, banana, cinnamon, & chocolate chips. They are sweetened with only a bit of maple syrup & the banana. They are the perfect snack to fill you up & fuel your day!
- 1 ripe banana (1/2 cup, mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (you could also try this one for a lower sugar option)
- 2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
- 3/4 cup superfine almond flour (**see notes for nut-free option)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I like these for dairy-free & these for sugar-free)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F & line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add the mashed banana with all of the other ingredients until well combined.
- Spread evenly in a square baking pan & bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & let cool.
- Once cooled, slice into bars or squares & enjoy!
*You could try subbing your favourite protein powder for the collagen peptides in this recipe but every protein powder can vary significantly when baked. You may need to add a bit less protein powder to achieve the right consistency & texture when baked.
**Sub 1/2 cup gluten-free flour or regular flour in place of the almond flour for a nut-free option
- Category: bars
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: breakfast
Keywords: banana, granola bars