Looking for a dairy-free + grain-free healthy tuscan chicken pasta recipe? Oh, & that also only requires one pot (& a blender), look no further because this recipe is all of that with tons of richness & flavour packed into every bite!
Healthy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or vegan protein of choice, see above)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth (use vegetable broth for vegan option), divided
- 2 cups frozen or fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 + 1/4 cups pasta (here is the gluten-free one I used)
- 2–3 handfuls spinach, if desired
- Fresh parsley
- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chicken breasts over medium heat in enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Then cover.
- Flip the chicken after a few minutes, continuing to do this until the chicken is fully cooked. Add more water as needed to keep the chicken from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cooked (check by cutting them open & ensuring there is no pink left), remove them from the pan & place them on a plate to slightly cool.
- Now add 2 tbsp of avocado oil to the same pan over medium heat. Add in the red onion & garlic.
- Sauté until fragrant, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 + 1/2 cups of chicken broth to the pan with the cauliflower, cover & cook until it can easily be pierced with a fork (about 4-5 minutes).
- Once the cauliflower is soft, remove the pan from the stove & carefully add the cauliflower/onion/garlic mixture to a powerful blender.
- Add 1/4 cup more of broth & bend until smooth & creamy, for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then transfer this mixture back to the pan, add in the rest of your spices, coconut milk, the other 1 + 1/4 chicken broth & the uncooked pasta to the pan.
- Continue cooking this on medium heat, covered until the pasta is soft. This will depend on the type of pasta you’re using but the one I used took about 10 minutes to get al-dente.
- Note: you want to regularly stir the pasta to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of your pan.
- Once cooked add in your chicken. I shredded mine simply by using my hands & then added in the sun-dried tomatoes as well.
- Cook until everything is warm & then stir in your spinach, mixing until it is nice & wilted.
- Serve warm topped with fresh parsley & a few extra sun-dried tomatoes, if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian