This healthy vegan Nutella is so rich, creamy & just the right mix of hazelnuts & chocolate! Perfect for toast, drizzled over berries or just eaten by the spoonful!
- 2 cups of raw hazelnuts or dry roasted & skinned (if you buy them dry-roasted & skinned you can skip steps 1-4)
- 1 cup dark chocolate (I like this one for low sugar & this one for dairy-free)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or hazelnut oil)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- If you did not buy pre-dry roasted & skinned hazelnuts you are going to want to do that first. Set your oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper & evenly spread out the hazelnuts.
- Roast them for 10-12 minutes, until fragrant.
- Let them cool slightly & then begin to peel off the skins. They should come off easily.**
- Once the skins are removed add your hazelnuts to a powerful blender or food processor.
- Blend until the nuts start to clump together & form somewhat of a ‘clumpy’ paste.
- Melt the dark chocolate & the coconut oil in 15 second intervals in the microwave (or over low heat on a stovetop), mixing after every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Add this to the blender with the pink salt, vanilla & cocoa powder until smooth & creamy.
- Store in a mason jar or air-sealed container, enjoy!
- Note: if you want it a bit sweeter you can mix in a few tbsp of your preferred sweetener of choice. I would recommend a powdered sweetener.
*To make powdered coconut sugar, simply blend coconut sugar in a blender until a powder has formed.
**You can also rub them between paper towel or a tea towel to get the skins off as well.
- Category: spreads
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: chocolate
Keywords: nutella, vegan, healthy