This creamy, rich, flavourful version of butter chicken is dairy-free, paleo, Whole-30 approved, & absolutely delicious! Make a big batch & have leftovers prepped for the week, in under 30 minutes!
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder (omit for lower carb option, but will be slightly less creamy)*
- Cilantro to serve, if desired
- Cauliflower rice, prepared rice or quinoa, or zucchini noodles to serve
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the avocado oil & diced chicken. Add the pink salt, black pepper, & the other spices to the chicken.
- Cook the chicken until it is 75% done & then add the minced garlic & diced red onion.
- Finish cooking the chicken & allow the red onion to become fragrant & slightly translucent.
- Then add the tomatoes & coconut milk & reduce the heat to low, allowing the mixture to come down to a simmer.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the sauce from the pan & mix with the arrowroot powder if using until dissolved.
- Add the arrowroot mixture back into the saucepan & mix to combine.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Top with cilantro if desired, serve over cauliflower rice, quinoa, rice, zoodles, or whatever you desire & enjoy!
*You can omit this for a lower carb option or try adding 1-2 tbsp flax meal to slightly thicken.
Keywords: butter chicken, whole-30, paleo, weeknight, dinner, easy recipe, healthy, supper, dairy-free, gluten-free, easy, 30 minute