Homemade pumpkin spice cereal that is paleo & vegan? Yes, & it is actually super easy, the hardest part is rolling the dough into little balls! This cereal has the perfect amount of slightly naturally sweetened pumpkin spice flavour in every crunchy bite!
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F & line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together well.
- Let the dough sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into little balls (I used about 1/2 tsp for each one) & place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. *
- I recommend putting on a good show or podcast while you roll because it can be a bit tedious (but worth it)!
- Once they are all rolled you’re going to bake them for 25-35 minutes, spread out evenly & not touching each other. Baking times will slightly vary depending on your oven & the size of your cereal balls. Mine took around 30.
- After baking for 15 minutes you are going to roll the balls around every 5-7 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Once cooked you want to let them cool completely on the pan as this will ensure they get extra crunchy.
- Serve with your milk of choice (I used cashew milk) & enjoy!**
*I recommend trying to keep them all the same size & relatively small. As you will need a longer baking time for the larger balls or they won’t get as crunchy.
**This recipe makes 1-3 servings depending on the size of your balls & how hungry you are. You can definitely double the recipe & store them in a mason jar for up to a week. However, since they didn’t last more than a day in my home I cannot say how this will affect the texture over time & in my experience have been best when eaten the same day. Let me know if you do store them & how it worked out for you!
Keywords: paleo, vegan, pumpkin, cereal