These no bake peanut butter chocolate crunch bars only require 5 ingredients, and can be made gluten-free & vegan! They are the perfect treat with healthy fats, protein (if using) & the best chocolate peanut butter flavour without any refined sugar!
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I like these for dairy-free & these for sugar-free)
- 1/4 cup collagen (optional, omit for vegan)
- Flaky salt to taste on top (optional)
- 1–2 cups of cereal of choice, I used gluten-free brown rice cereal (see note*)
- Over low heat in a saucepan melt the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil & chocolate chips until smooth.
- Remove from the heat & mix in the collagen (if using) & cereal of choice, starting with 1 cup. You want most of the liquid to be absorbed, continue to add 1/4 cup of cereal if needed until this is achieved.
- Line a square baking pan or dish with parchment paper & spread the mixture into the pan. Top with flaky sea (if using) & an extra drizzle of melted peanut butter if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Let come to room temperature slightly, cut into bars & store in the fridge or freezer, enjoy!
*Start by adding 1 cup of cereal that you are using, mixing well. You want to add enough so that most of the liquid is covered on the cereal. If one cup isn’t enough add 1/4 cup until you reach your desired consistency.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: chocolate
Keywords: chocolate, no bake, peanut butter