This one pot pumpkin curry pasta is so easy & incredibly delicious! Make a batch at the start of the week, add some chicken, shrimp or protein of choice & you have easy meals all week long!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced ( or 1 tsp ginger powder)
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 3 heaping tbsp red curry paste
- 3 heaping cups pasta of choice (I like this one for added fibre or protein or this one for a good gluten-free option)
- 2–4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan add the oil with the diced vegetables, garlic & ginger. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until translucent & fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, 2 cups of broth, curry paste & pasta.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring regularly until the pasta is al-dente. You want there to be enough liquid to cook the pasta so if it starts getting too dry add 1/2 cup of broth at a time, up to 4 cups total.
- My brown rice pasta took about 12 minutes total until it was perfectly cooked, but depending on the pasta you use it could take more or less time.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, spices, pink salt & black pepper to taste.
- Add in prepared protein of choice if desired. I love serving this with cooked chicken sausage, shredded chicken, prepared chickpeas, etc.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: dinner
Keywords: one pot, pasta, pumpkin, curry