This paleo carrot cake mug cake is incredibly easy to make, only taking a few minutes from start to finish! It also has a wonderfully soft & tender texture packed full of all your favourite fall flavours like cinnamon, nutmeg & grated carrots! It is also paleo, gluten, grain, dairy & refined sugar-free!
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch or two of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 tbsp milk or choice or water
- 1 tbsp collagen peptides (optional*)
- In a small bowl mix all of the mug cake ingredients until well combined, ensuring there are no clumps of coconut flour left.
- Grease a mug or ramekin with your choice of oil (I like avocado or coconut oil).
- Add the mixture into the greased mug & place in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove carefully with oven mitts & cook for an additional 15-60 seconds until the cake is fully cooked*.
- I cooked mine for 2 minutes & it was perfect, however baking times will vary depending on your microwave.
- I topped mine with some melted coconut butter, extra carrot & walnuts. You could also top with your favourite cream cheese icing. Enjoy!
*Cook at 15-30 second intervals, checking after each to ensure you don’t over-cook the cake. You can insert a toothpick or fork to see if it comes out relatively clean to check if it is done.
- Category: dessert
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: mug cake
Keywords: carrot cake, mug cake