These rich, chewy, paleo double chocolate cookies are just what you need on hand for a healthier treat or snack during the week! They only require a few ingredients & can be made in under 30 minutes!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (you can also sub Lakanto golden or classic in this recipe for a low-carb version)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Pink salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (or 2 tbsp of coconut flour)*
- 3/4 cup Almond flour **See notes for nut-free option
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup Dark chocolate chips, I like these for dairy-free
- 1/4–1/2 cup collagen peptides, optional***
- 1 tbsp water or milk of choice (optional: if needed to thin out the batter)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
With an electric beater or stand mixer (or by hand using a spatula) beat the avocado oil & coconut sugar together.
Add the rest of the ingredients, adding the chocolate chips/chunks last, to combine & mix until everything is well incorporated.
Let sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Scoop a spoonful of the batter onto your prepared baking tray, topping with a couple more chocolate chips, if desired.
Bake for 7-9 minutes, remove from the oven & let cool slightly on the pan for at least 10 minutes. This gives a super fudgey final cookie. If you want a crunchier cookie, bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool slightly, & enjoy!
*I prefer the texture with the tapioca flour but coconut flour does work as well.
**I tested these with gluten-free flour & they worked out well! The texture was slightly different but they were still delicious & fudgey. To make them nut-free, omit the tapioca flour & almond flour, then sub 1/2 cup of gluten-free baking flour. I used the President’s Choice All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour blend.
***I recipe works with or without the collagen peptides, but I did find using at least 1/4 cup of collagen created a chewier cookie.
Keywords: paleo, chocolate, double chocolate, treats, healthy, grain free, gluten free, dairy free