This pineapple cilantro green smoothie may sound a bit weird (cilantro in a smoothie?), but hear me out. This combo WORKS. I am telling you. I crave this combo every single day. This smoothie is packed full of nutrients from the fresh herbs, ginger, pineapple, greens & more!
Why you have to try this Pineapple Cilantro Green Smoothie
Now I know cilantro in a smoothie sounds, well, weird? But you have to trust me on this one! It’s really refreshing! It works really well with the ginger & pineapple in this recipe & all the flavours really compliment each other in my opinion.
This smoothie is packed full with nourishing & good for you ingredients. I find the ginger extra helpful for my digestion & overall this smoothie really gives me a nice boost & pick-me-up in the morning or the afternoon!
Ingredients you will need for this Pineapple Cilantro Green Smoothie
- fresh ginger
- fresh cilantro
- lime, juiced
- frozen pineapple
- water or milk of choice
- collagen peptides (optional)
How long does it take to make?
It takes me about 10 minutes start to finish to prep any ingredients & blend them up. If you want to make a double batch you can have some leftover for the ext day to enjoy, no prep required!
Does this Pineapple Cilantro Green Smoothie have protein?
I like to add a serving of collagen peptides to this smoothie when I have it. It adds a flavourless boost of protein & its absorption is improved from the vitamin C in the fruits & veg.
This is totally optional & this smoothie would work without it as well. You can alternatively also add a scoop of your preferred protein powder of choice, but keep in mind this may alter the flavour. I like collagen as it is flavourless, blends well & doesn’t affect the texture.
Can I store the leftovers?
If you have any leftovers or want to make a double batch for the following days you can store this smoothie in a mason jar in the fridge. Simply mix or shake before drinking it & enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHIER RECIPES?
DON’T FORGET TO RATE & REVIEW THE RECIPE BELOW
Your feedback helps me so much & never goes unappreciated! I also love to see your re-creations over on Instagram! Tag me if you make anything so I can re-share it on my stories! Note: if you have a private account send me a screen shot because I can’t see private stories or posts!Print
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 heaping cup frozen pineapple (feel free to add more depending on sweet preference)
- 2 cups water or milk of choice (add a bit more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1 serving collagen peptides (optional)
- Simply add all of your ingredients to the blender (except the collagen, if using).
- Blend on high until smooth & creamy, adding more liquid as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Add the collagen, if using & pulse a couple times until incorporated.
- Serve in your favourite cup or mason jar & enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an air-sealed container.
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: breakfast
Keywords: smoothie, collagen, greens
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Some links may be affiliate links in this post & by shopping through them you help support me in continuing to create free recipes & content for laushealthylife.com, as I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase through them. Thank you for your continuous support!