This protein berry ice cream (aka smoothie bowl) is thick, creamy, & tastes so good! It is super versatile too & packs a punch with protein & fibre!
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 3/4 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder (this is my favourite protein powder & the one I used in this recipe)
- Handful of ice
- 1 + 1/4 cup liquid (I used 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk & 1/2 cup water)
- 1 packet cordyceps mushroom powder (optional), I used this one
- 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds (optional)
- 1–2 handfuls of spinach (optional), NOTE: this will change the colour. It will still taste great but may not be the prettiest colour.
- I love this cereal & this cereal to add on top
- More berries
- Shredded coconut
- Nuts & seeds of choice
- A tbsp of nut or seed butter
- Add all of your ingredients into a blender.
- Start with half the amount of liquid & add more as needed. The amount listed above is how much I needed to get things blending, while also keeping the mixture very thick. You just want to add the least amount of liquid necessary to get everything blending smoothly.
- Pour into a bowl & top with your desired toppings (suggestions below), & enjoy!
Keywords: smoothie, protein, ice cream, berries, fruit, fibre