Fresh, crisp, & flavourful, this salad is perfect for spring/summer!
When the hotter months come around, I love me a good, fresh salad! I am a huge fan of making my own dressings as well. This allows me to be in charge of the ingredients I add & taste it as I go so it is just how I like it (I encourage you to do this too & play with the ingredients)!
This salad is tangy, yet sweet, crisp & fresh. I love adding fruit to my salads. This adds such a unique flavour profile that is hard to beat!
This dressing is great to have prepped & added to salads throughout the week or for a summer BBQ as well.
With all that being said, let’s get into the recipe! Make sure to tag me in your re-creations over on Instagram so I can share it on my stories! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
- 1/2 cup Blackberries You can use any berries you have on hand to change up the flavours as well!
- 3/4 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar Or coconut vinegar
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Pink or Celtic Sea Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 handful Fresh basil leaves This works out to about 1/4-1/3 cup loosely packed
- Dash of water Until desired consistency is achieved
- 1 package Arugula I used a 5oz container
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Walnut or pecan pieces Use candied nuts for some more added sweetness. I make my own with monk fruit in place of sugar for a sugar-free variation!
Blackberry Basil Lime Dressing
- Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar & blackberries into a blender & blend until smooth & creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients & continue to blend until smooth.
- Slowly add a dash or two of water until your desired consistency is reached.
- Add all of the salad ingredients into a bowl. Mix well then drizzle with the dressing & combine until all of the greens are evenly coated. Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Reply