REFINED-SUGAR FREE + VEGAN + DAIRY-FREE + GLUTEN-FREE + 4-INGREDIENTS
I don’t know about you guys but as a kid I was not a fan of cranberry sauce. However, as my taste buds developed I became OBSESSED. My plate is pretty much half cranberry sauce now & I have no complaints. I made this healthy easy paleo cranberry sauce for mine & Jay’s Thanksgiving dinner & it was such a winner.
Personally, I love a more tart cranberry sauce, but please feel free to play around with the flavours & adjust to your taste buds!
For this recipe, I used regular maple syrup in this version but I have also made this recipe before with classic Lakanto. It is a monk fruit + erythritol based sweetener and really great for those following a lower-carb or sugar-free diet. I also love their maple syrup but haven’t tried it in this recipe. If you are feeling creative…give it a go!
What are your favourite holiday recipes? I would love to know in the comments!
Make sure to come tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe! I re-share all of your creations on my stories!
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving & holiday season!
Need more holiday recipes? I got you!
BLENDER PALEO BANANA APPLE GINGERBREAD LOAF
SWEET POTATO CRANBERRY APPLE BEEF STEW
GLUTEN & DAIRY-FREE GINGERBREAD OATMEAL MAPLE BREAKFAST COOKIES
PUMPKIN SPICED CINNAMON ROLLS [KETO, PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE]
PUMPKIN PALEO GINGER SPARKLE COOKIES
- 3 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup Water
- Juice from one orange large (omit for low-sugar and use classic Lakanto)
- 3-6 tbsp Maple Syrup depending on how sweet you like it
- *Optional: you can sub the maple syrup out for 1/4-1/2 classic Lakanto sweetener for a lower sugar option
- In a medium sized pot, over low heat, add the cranberries and water, then cover.
- Allow the mixture to heat up for around 5 minutes, until the mixture starts to simmer.
- Remove the cover and stir in the sweetener and orange juice, continuing to stir regularly so the cranberries don't burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Continue to stir and monitor until the cranberries begin to pop and the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, store in the fridge and enjoy!
Leave a Reply