Filling, healthy, & delicious!
One of my childhood faves were granola bars! What a treat when my mom packed me one of these in my lunchbox- ha-ha!
Unfortunately, those were loaded with sugar & as a child with ADD, not what my little brain needed. I truly believe consuming more healthy fats are the key to optimal brain health, whereas sugar will do the complete opposite.
I talk a lot about this topic over on my Instagram & actually just did an IG TV all about how I have been getting along without any Adderall or Vyvanse since January. I have been having an amazing transition & definitely encourage you to check that out if you or your child are struggling with focus/attention. I am super passionate about the topic so I plan on creating more content in the near future on the subject.
If you have made any of my recipes in the past you will know how much I love my Lakanto sweetener! It’s all natural made with monk-fruit & erythritol. I find it tastes & bakes so similar to real sugar. It also doesn’t upset my stomach like a lot of those alternatives tend to do! If you want to shop through my affiliate links (no extra cost to you), you can find it here (US) & here (Canada). I really appreciate you support as it helps me to continue to create free content on my blog & social platforms!
I also swear by a silicon mold for my doughnuts, muffins, brownies & mini loaves! I will link the one I used for these HERE.
TIP: place on top of a baking sheet as they are super
I would love to have you over there so come follow me & make sure to tag me if you create any of my recipes so I can share them on my IG stories!
- 1/3 cup Cashew butter Or nut butter of choice (use sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
- 1/3 cup Coconut butter Aka coconut manna, melted
- Pinch of Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla or almond extract They both give different flavours so feel free to mix it up!
- 3-6 tbsp Powdered Lakanto Sweetener Or preferred sweetener of choice, taste as you go to get it to your ideal sweetness
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax-meal
- 1/4 cup Hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1-2 tbsp Nut milk Or water, just to mix (don't want the mix too wet so only add this if needed)
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips I use stevia sweetened ones, but this is optional! They are just as great without any chocolate!
- Throw all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- If the mixture is too dry & not sticking together add 1 tbsp (up to 2 tbsp) nut milk or water, just so everything sticks together.
- Place the mixture into a silicon mold or a parchment paper lined baking dish or loaf pan & press down firmly.
- Pop into the fridge or freezer until firm, cut into squares or bars & enjoy! Note: store in the fridge until ready to eat at they can get soft at room temp! Top with dark chocolate chips or melted chocolate for a fun chocolate-y twist!
Leave a Reply