Made with hemp seeds to keep things nut-free & also provide some healthy fats & plant-based protein to your diet!
You guys are going to LOVE this recipe! It is seriously so easy to whip up as long as you have a blender or food processor. Rich in healthy fats to boost your brain health, a great source of plant-based protein & all with no shortage of
I love having one or two healthy sauces on hand, with some prepped protein sources (salmon, tuna, chicken, chickpeas, black beans, grass-fed beef, etc.), & frozen veggies ready to go. This makes it so easy to throw together a healthy & satisfying meal in a pinch.
My go-to is grabbing a couple handfuls of different frozen veg, popping them in a saucepan over medium heat with a dash of pink salt & enough water just to cover the bottom of the pan. I cover & let the veggies cook until they are soft. The time this takes will depend on the type of veg you are cooking. I just keep an eye on them & pierce with a fork occasionally to see how they are coming along. I will throw in some of my prepped protein just until things are warmed up, maybe some spices & fresh herbs & my homemade sauce of the week. This is the one I had made for easy meals all of last week. I usually like to have a couple on hand to mix things up!
Make sure to tag me on Instagram if you make this so I can share on my stories! Save it to Pinterest & Facebook to come back to & also so others can get inspired as well! I can’t wait to see you re-creations & what you’re making with it!
So let’s get into the recipe!
Oh & if you’re not a member of my private Facebook group yet, come join & I’ll let you in! It’s a place to share, connect & support others, & I would love to have you there! Make sure to introduce yourself so we can all get to know each other too!
- 2/3 cup Hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil Make sure you get a high quality olive oil for the most benefit, you don't want it mixed with canola oil which is a highly inflammatory oil & should be avoided as much as possible
- 2-4 tbsp Water or Unsweetened Nut Milk of Choice Enough to get things moving in the blender, start low & move up if needed
- 2 Lemons Juiced
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, large
- 1/4 tsp Pink or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Fresh Dill
- In a powerful blender (I used a Vitamix but a food processor should also work) blend the hemp seeds, olive oil, water/nut milk, & lemon juice until smooth & creamy.
- Then add the garlic cloves & pink salt until there are no clumps & the mixture is smooth & creamy.
- Add the dill & gently pulse until mixed into the mixture. Pour into a jar (I used a mason jar) & store in the fridge. Pour over anything to add a boost of flavour & nutrients. I find this best if prepared then stored in the fridge overnight before using. It allows the flavours to mesh & mix together, giving it tons of flavour!
Leave a Reply