Gluten-free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, & Keto Options! Thick, fluffy & pumpkin deliciousness!
I originally posted a keto waffle recipe on Instagram last year & it was a huge hit! I wanted to slightly modify it, to try & make it even better plus add a nice little pumpkin twist to it as well!
I am SO happy with how these turned out! They have so much flavour & are made with wholesome ingredients that will help to fuel your day & nourish your body!
I topped these with an apple sauteed in Lee’s Provisions brown butter ghee (game changer) with pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon over low heat until they were warm & soft! I also added melted coconut butter, a drizzle of real maple syrup, & pecans! For a keto option, I recommend omitting the apple & using a low-carb maple syrup. My favourite keto-friendly maple syrup can be found here! You can also use code: LAUSHEALTHYLIFE at the checkout for a discount.
I would love to see your delicious re-creations over on Instagram, so make sure to come tag me there so I can re-post to my story! You can also Pin the recipe for later! If you have any questions related to the recipe you can also comment on this post or send me a DM & I will get to it as quickly as I can! I hope you love the recipe as much as I do!
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter) melted
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp flax-meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew)
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice if desired * optional (I added 2 tsp honey but you can use monk fruit for keto or omit completely)
- Add the melted coconut oil to a mixing bowl with the almond flour & flax-meal, mixing well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl & mix until well incorporated. Let sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- While the batter is thickening, turn on your waffle maker to heat up (see below for pancake instructions).
- Once the waffle maker is ready to go, grease it well before adding the mix. I used a ghee spray but you can use whatever you prefer just make sure it has a good layer coating it.
- I used 1/4 cup of batter for one waffle. Pour it into the waffle maker & cook for about 4-5 minutes, then carefully open up & check them. They will be golden brown when they are done.
- Using a fork, carefully lift them out of the waffle maker & set on a plate to cool.
- Top with your desired toppings! I topped these with apple sauteed in 2 tsp of brown butter ghee (from Lee's Provision's; linked above) & a dash of cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice, melted coconut butter, maple syrup & pecans. For a keto option, omit the apple & use a low-carb maple syrup (my favourite linked above). Enjoy!
**To make pancakes, cook them in a large saucepan, generously coated with your oil of choice over low heat. Cook them low & slow, keeping an eye on them to ensure they don't burn. I used 1/4 cup per pancake & cooked each side for about 4 minutes then flipped. Make sure the inside is well done before removing from the pan.
Leave a Reply