Low-carb, sugar & dairy free, keto friendly, soft, chewy & delicious + a delicious vegan peppermint icing!
These are seriously one of my new favourite recipes for the holiday season! I have already made multiple batches to keep in the fridge to have for snacks/treats throughout the week. Anything peppermint flavoured & I am in!
Made with grass-fed whey protein powder
I love mixing up my protein powder & recently purchased the F-Factor Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey protein. I have to say I am obsessed! It is seriously amazing to bake with, packed with fiber, tastes great & has really clean ingredients- so I am a fan! If you like to keep it dairy-free, I love Ancient Nutrition’s Vanilla Bone Broth protein. It also bakes really well in my opinion & I personally love the flavour. For a vegan option, I love LivWell’s Vanilla Bean protein. These are my top 3 favourite protein powders & I tried to cover my dairy-free & vegan friends out there too, if you can’t do the whey!
My go-to sweetener: Lakanto
For most of my recipes, I use Lakanto. It is a sweetener made with monk fruit & erythritol. I love this stuff. It bakes incredibly well, doesn’t hurt my stomach, won’t raise your blood sugar, tastes delicious & is all natural. I am a huge fan of this stuff, especially if I want a treat but don’t want to go crazy with the white sugar, it does the trick every time. For this recipe, I used the powdered Lakanto, but feel free to use whatever sweetener you prefer, however, I haven’t experimented with any others for this recipe.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil You can sub melted grass-fed butter or ghee here as well
- 2-3 tbsp Nut milk I used unsweetened cashew milk
- 4 tbsp Powdered Lakanto Or sub your preferred powdered sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder I used F-Factor's grass-fed vanilla whey protein
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint extract
Peppermint Protein Icing
- Add the oil, milk of choice, & peppermint extract to a small mixing bowl & mix together. Add the protein powder & sweetener until combined. Top on slightly cooled peppermint cookies & enjoy!
Leave a Reply