Filling, plant-based, nut-free lasagna that the whole family will love!
I am SO excited to share this recipe with you guys! Both Jay & I LOVED this recipe & that says a lot since Jay is a huge meat lover!
I used hemp seeds for the base of this sauce to keep it nut-free, but also add some healthy fats & protein to the mix. I will link my original eggplant lasagna recipe HERE! Simply follow that recipe but replace the cheese layers with this hemp-based cheese & top with nutritional yeast & oregano. I also recommend adding chickpeas, your
However, you can just make the sauce & omit the ground beef & it will still be delicious! Again, click HERE for the full recipe, & follow it using the same method, simply replace the cheese & ground beef for the recipe & suggestions in this post!
I hope you enjoy & love this recipe as much as we did & make sure to tag me (@laus_healthy_life) & share on Instagram so I can see all of your delicious re-creations!
- 1 cup Hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast I have tried a few brands & love the Purely Bulk brand the best! I find the flavour is the most similar to cheese.
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp Pink or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cauliflower, steamed until soft
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning I love the Simply Organics brand
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil leaves About one small-medium handful
- In a powerful blender, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth & creamy.
- I blended it all for about a minute or two so that all of the ingredients were thoroughly combined & no clumps were left.
- Link to the full recipe is above. Use this in place of the cheese in the original recipe. Feel free to add your favourite plant-based protein in place of the ground beef to the tomato sauce (linked above in original recipe). Top with oregano & more nutritional yeast if desired! This is a delicious plant-based, nutr-free meal that is great to have prepped for easy weekday meals!
*You could also add a few layers of caramelized onions to this version of lasagna for a yummy twist! Simply follow your favourite recipe for caramelized onions then layer it into the mix with this 'cheese', the tomato sauce & the eggplant!
***This sauce would also be delicious over roasted veggies, on top of chicken or salmon, feel free to get creative!
Leave a Reply