Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Nut & Sugar- Free These Make The Perfect Treat!
I LOVE rhubarb! It reminds me of home & my mom! She always makes the best recipes with it when it comes into season each year & it reminds me of when I was a little girl!
I recently picked some up at a local Farmer’s Market & have been getting creative in the kitchen with it! The first rhubarb recipe are these delicious, flavourful & healthy strawberry-rhubarb muffins the whole family will love!
I used cassava flour in this recipe to keep them grain-free. I love baking with cassava as I find it very similar to regular baking flour! I have a post here if you’re interested in learning more about it! This is the brand I use here!
You can also try subbing it with your favourite gluten-free or regular baking flour, but I have only tested it with cassava flour so I cannot guarantee how they will turn out texture wise! If you do try an alternative flour, please share your results in the comments of this post as I would love to hear!
As with all of my sugar-free recipes, I love using Lakanto. I used their golden version, which is similar to brown sugar in this recipe. You can use your preferred sweetener of choice however, again I have only tested it with Lakanto!
If you do try out this recipe (or any of my recipes) please come share them with me on my Instagram! Tag me in your stories so I can share your re-creations on mine as well! It honestly makes my day when I see you guys making my recipes!
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
Doughnuts Or Muffins
- 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Pink or Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Flax meal Ground flax seeds
- 3/4 cup Golden Lakanto Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil You could also try using ghee, grass-fed butter, or coconut oil, however I have only tested this recipe with avocado oil
- 1 cup Rhubarb, fresh & chopped
- 3/4 cup Strawberries, fresh & thinly diced
- 1/2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup Golden Lakanto Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup Almonds, thinly sliced
Strawberry-Rhubarb Doughnuts (or Muffins)
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin liner or grease a silicon doughnut mold with avocado oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter. I find using a silicon doughnut mold makes it much easier to get them out after they are cooked. I place the mold on a baking tray (as it is quite flimsy) for easy transfer to & from the oven.
- Add all of the dry ingredients for the muffins into a large bowl & mix together.
- Then add the rest of your ingredients & mix until they are well combined.
- Add the diced rhubarb & strawberries & gently mix them into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into your prepared muffin pan or doughnut mold & top with the cinnamon streusel (recipe below)
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, when the topping is crisping up & the doughnuts/muffins slightly bounce back to the touch.
- Remove from the oven & let cool. They will be easiest to remove & hold together best when they are cooled. I topped mine with a drizzle of melted coconut butter & some fresh diced strawberries! Enjoy!
- In a small-medium sized mixing bowl add all of the ingredients together until well combined. Top on the muffins or doughnuts before baking.
Leave a Reply