Kid friendly, but also adult approved!
These little veggie ‘nuggets’ are like my new
I had these with my
Let’s get into the recipe! PS If you make these make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can share all of your re-creations on my story & hear your feedback!
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 1 + 3/4 cup Broccoli & Cauliflower, steamed I used about half of each, frozen then steamed
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Pink or Celtic Sea Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Ground flaxseeds Aka flax-meal
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 tsp Garlic powder Feel free to mix & match whatever spices you would like or have on hand!
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2-4 tbsp Collagen Peptides Optional* but feel free to add for some extra protein
- Preheat the oven to 350 F & line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a blender, add the steamed brocolli/ cauliflower (feel free to get creative & try different combinations of vegetables in this amount to mix things up), olive oil, egg & sea salt. Blend until smooth & creamy. Note: you can add fresh herbs, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast (adds a cheesy flavour), etc. here instead of powdered spices- just make sure to blend them together well so there's no chunks left!
- I then transferred this mix to a mixing bowl & added the rest of the ingredients to form a dough. It should be sticky but also thick.
- I like to slightly wet my finger tips with water so the dough doesn't stick to them & shape them into little 'nuggets', then place them on the parchment paper lined tray.
- I baked mine for about 12-15 minutes until they are firm & golden brown. This may vary depending on your oven so keep an eye on them!
- Notes: Feel free to brush them with a little oil or ghee before baking them for an even crispier outside! Store in a air tight container in the fridge & enjoy! You could also try re-heating them from the fridge in an air fryer with a little bit of oil to coat for a super crispy version! Drizzle or dip with you favourite sauces & get creative with these little veggie bites!
Leave a Reply