Make these peanut free by using sunflower seed butter in place of the peanut butter, or any nut/seed butter of your choice! They can also be made vegan with a few simple subs listed below! Perfect for a quick breakfast or even a mid-day treat! I love having this with my coffee. The protein & healthy fats keep me so full! Such a delicious alternative to a classic favourite!
- 1/2 cup of all natural peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 4 tbs butter or ghee (vegan* sub coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup powdered Lakanto sweetener (can sub any powdered or granulated sweetener of choice here)
- 1/4 cup Bulletproof Brain Octane oil (or avocado or coconut oil)
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein powder of choice (I used Ancient Nutrition’s Keto Vanilla protein. For a vegan option simply use your favourite vegan vanilla protein. I love LivWell Nutrition’s Vanilla one)
- 2 & 1/3 cups of gluten-free brown rice crispy cereal
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (I used Lindt’s 90% dark. I also love Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips. For vegan make sure to use a dairy-free chocolate.)
- 1 tbs all natural peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- Melt the peanut butter & butter over low heat for a few seconds until it has melted together.
- Remove from heat & add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate & 1 tbs of peanut butter.
- Once it has been mixed thoroughly, place in a parchment paper lined baking dish & press down firmly with your spatula.
- Pop into the freezer while you melt the chocolate topping.
- Simply add the chocolate & 1 tbs of peanut butter to a small pan over low heat or melt for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Once it has started to melt remove from the heat & continue to mix until the rest of the chocolate has melted.
- Take your peanut butter rice crispy layer from the freezer & carefully pour the chocolate topping over it, distributing the chocolate evenly with your spatula.
- Put it back in the freezer for 45-60 minutes or until fully hardened then remove, cut into bars or squares & enjoy!
- These are best stored in the fridge or freezer & removed a few minutes before eating.