These samoa granola bars are not only incredibly rich, chewy, delicious & packed full of caramel flavour, but they are also gluten, dairy, & refined sugar-free! They will not disappoint & are sure to please all! Great to prep at the start of the week for delicious & healthy snacks all week!
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (I have had the best results with this brand thickening up well)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or golden Lakanto for lower carb, or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 + 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 + 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup collagen peptides (or you can try using protein powder but you will likely need less & it may alter the flavour/texture because I have only tried this recipe with collagen)
Bring coconut milk & sweetener to a boil on medium heat, then reduce to a simmer.
Let simmer here for about 15-25 mins until it starts to thicken, & stirring regularly. Make sure to keep an eye on it & notice when it begins to thicken as well as ensure it is not burning or sticking to the bottom of the pot. Note* that different brands & stoves may take different amounts of time to thicken. I have had the best results with this brand.
Once it has thickened remove from heat & mix in the vanilla & pink salt. Set aside & let cool.
- Once the caramel sauce has cooled slightly, mix in the coconut, oats, & collagen peptides or protein powder.
- Spread evenly in a square baking pan & place in the fridge to harden up. I left mine overnight.
- Once hardened, melt the chocolate with the oil either in the microwave for 30 second intervals or over the stovetop on low heat, careful not to burn it.
- Cut the bars up into bars or squares & drizzle with the melted chocolate. My chocolate firmed up quickly but if it doesn’t you can pop them back into the fridge until it does for a few minutes. Enjoy!
- Category: treat
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, samosa, granola bars