This healthy vegetarian pasta bake is incredibly easy to throw together & makes for a super delicious weeknight meal & even better leftovers! Use a chickpea pasta for added plant based protein & fibre. Adult & kid approved!
- 1 box of pasta (I used chickpea pasta for added protein + fibre)
- 1 can black beans (425g), rinsed & drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jar salsa (420g)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning, plus more to sprinkle on top if desired
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheese, plus more for the top (use dairy-free if desired)
- olives, chopped green onion, cilantro, jalapeños, etc.
- Prepare the pasta as per the directions on the box.
- Once cooked add the black beans, corn, salsa, cheese, seasoning, salt + pepper, to the prepared pasta in a casserole dish. Mix well.
- Add some more cheese on the top along with any toppings you would like.
- Bake at 400 F for about 15 minutes, until it it fully warmed & the cheese on top is melted.
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: mexican, pasta bake