A classic favourite, healthified!
My boyfriend Jay is obsessed with Wendy’s spicy chicken burgers & he used to make them for us all the time with my gluten-free flour! He recently started making them with a few healthier modifications & uses our air fryer to cook them! And man are they good!
Homemade 3-minute garlic aioli!
This time he made a garlic aioli sauce, using avocado mayo, to go with our crispy sweet potato fries & you guys are going to seriously love this, I am addicted!
So with all that all being said, I am not going to waste any more time, let’s get into the recipe!Print
Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Burgers (Made Healthy!) + Avocado Mayo Garlic Aioli
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Cuisine: Healthy
Wendy’s crispy chicken burgers made grain-free, & they are paleo & keto approved! Paired with these crispy air-fried sweet potato fries & homemade avocado garlic aioli, you are going to want to add this to your dinner menu this week! Make sure to make extras for leftovers the next day!
- 4– 6 chicken breasts
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp of each: garlic powder, onion powder, & paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1–2 generous pinches of pink salt & black pepper
- Avocado oil (or olive oil) to coat the chicken
- Buffalo hot sauce
- Havarti cheese slices (Omit to keep dairy-free. Feel free to add a few tbs of nutritional yeast into the almond flour for a dairy-free ‘cheesy’ flavour if you would like)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- A squirt of lime juice
- Prepared or homemade coleslaw (*optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix the almond flour & spices in a bowl & set aside. You may not use all of this so you can store the leftovers in a container or plastic bag for the next time you want to make them!
- Cut the chicken breasts in half if you want them to cook a bit faster but you don’t have to do this. Drizzle some of the avocado or olive oil over the chicken & use your hands to evenly coat them with it.
- Then in a separate shallow bowl add some of the almond flour/spice mix. We usually start with 1 cup & add more if needed or save the rest for the next time we make these.
- Coat the chicken well in this mixture & then lay on a baking tray with parchment paper or with a wire rack on top of it (the rack makes them super crispy).
- You can also cook them in an air fryer at 400 F or the chicken setting as well. This makes them nice & crispy.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until they are fully cooked through. Check them regularly as each oven can vary regarding cooking times.
- Remove from the oven & drizzle with the buffalo sauce & Havarti cheese if you’re using it.
- Then pop them back in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove them from the oven & let cool slightly.
- We love having these on a lettuce bun topped with coleslaw but you can also eat them with a regular or gluten-free bun as well.
- This chicken is also amazing topped on salads, with roasted veggies, or mixed into zoodles or your favourite pasta!
- For the garlic aioli, simply mix all of the ingredients together into a small bowl & let sit for at least a few minutes to absorb all the flavours. This is even better the next day! We love cooking sweet potato fries in the air fryer with avocado oil, pink salt & pepper, then dipping them into this sauce or even adding it on top of the chicken!
Wow! That must be some nice boyfriend you have! Lol website looks great. Going to make these. Looks yummy!
I am definitely a lucky gal! He must have been raised well-Haha! Can’t wait to hear how they turn out for you!