These white chocolate candy cane cookies are gluten, dairy & nut-free. They are perfectly soft & fudgy on the inside, yet slightly crispy on the outside. They have a lovely peppermint flavour, with melty white chocolate chips in every bite, all drizzled in more white chocolate & crushed candy cane pieces!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar (I recommend classic Lakanto for a lower sugar option)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I recommend golden Lakanto for a lower sugar option)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used this one. If you aren’t gluten-free, regular flour should work)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I like these for a lower sugar option or these for a dairy-free/vegan option)
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened coconut oil with the sugars until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, baking soda, salt & egg, mixing in well.
- Add your flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing into the dough.
- Fold in your white chocolate chips.
- Roll into cylinders (not balls), about 2-3 tbsp of dough per cookie.*
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, really making sure not to over-bake. I like to remove mine when they just begin to get browned & are still soft & dough-y in the middle.
- Once removed from the oven, let them cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes & then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cooled, after baking following this method they should be soft in the middle, yet crunchier on the outside.
- For the topping, melt the coconut oil with the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds or on low on the stovetop, stirring regularly to prevent burning.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies & top with crushed candy cane.**
*I find this produces the best final result. It allows the cookies to not spread too much when they are baking & makes them soft & chewy when the are cooled from the oven. See photos above.
**I like to put the candy cane into a Ziploc bag & crush with a rolling pin.
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: peppermint, cookies, white chocolate, candy cane