These healthy collagen cookie bars only require 10 basic ingredients, & if you have made any of my other recipes, you probably will have most of these ingredients on hand!
Healthy & decadent collagen cookie bars
These healthy cookie bars may change your life. I am NOT kidding. I know I say this about a lot of my recipes but I am telling you these are so flavourful, rich, decadent, chewy & fudgey. They will not disappoint. I added some pink & red M&M’s, with some white chocolate to give them a fun little Valentine’s Day twist!
How to keep this recipe dairy-free
The base of these cookie bars are 100% dairy-free, as we don’t use any butter or other milk products. The oil I chose to use for this recipe is 100% avocado oil (Costco has amazing prices for this product). You can also use coconut oil if you prefer as well!
However, the M&M’s I used do contain milk & if you want to keep this recipe 100% dairy-free I recommend subbing with dairy-free dark chocolate chips, which will also be delicious in this recipe! I like this brand.
I also used regular white chocolate as I can tolerate dairy in moderate amounts but just omit this or use a dairy-free white chocolate to keep these cookie bars free from dairy.
Better for you M&M’s
You can definitely use regular M&M’s in this recipe but I recently came across this brand & love what they are all about. They don’t use any artificial colours or flavourings which I really appreciate. They also have 22% less sugar than traditional M&M’s, but I do still consider them a treat. You can find them here & here.
What you will need:
- Almond flour (I get this from Costco, as it is super affordable there, but you can also get it here)
- Avocado oil (I like to get this at Costco or you can purchase it here)
- Coconut sugar
- Baking soda
- Pink salt
- Vanilla extract
- M&M’s or Dark chocolate chips (these are my favourite dairy-free ones)
- White chocolate chips (get dairy-free to keep this recipe 100% dairy-free)
- Collagen peptides (optional but I find really helps with the chewy texture of the cookies)
Tools you will need:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Spatula or mixing spoon
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
Storing the cookie bars
You can store these in an air-tight container or baggie! They didn’t last very long in my household but they should last for a week on the counter or you can try freezing them & defrost as needed!
I hope you love this recipe! I would love if you could rate/review it if you decide to make them! It helps others know what recipes to try when they come to my blog! Make sure to share on Pinterest & tag me on Instagram if you make them so I can repost it to my story! I absolutely LOVE seeing all the delicious re-creations you guys make… it makes my day!
More cookies to love:
HEALTHIER ROCKY ROAD COOKIES
GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD COOKIES
HEALTHY BIRTHDAY CAKE COOKIES
HEALTHIER GINGER SPARKLE COOKIES
Healthy Collagen Cookie Bars
These rich, chewy, delicious gluten, dairy, coconut & refined sugar-free collagen cookie bars are exactly what you need in your life! They only require 10 ingredients & are super easy to throw together!
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Pink salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup M&M’s or dark chocolate chips (I like these dairy-free ones)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate (preserve 1/4 cup to melt & drizzle over the top)
- 1/2 cup collagen peptides (optional, but I find really help make these cookies super chewy)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the avocado oil & coconut sugar together in a medium-large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the cookie bars to combine & mix until everything is well incorporated, adding the M&M’s & white chocolate last.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish & spread evenly.
- I like to add a couple M&M’s & white chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven & let cool slightly in the pan for at least 15 minutes. This gives a super fudgey & chewy final cookie bar.
- Feel free to drizzle a bit of the melted white chocolate over top & then cut into bars.
*Let cool before cutting into the bars or they may slightly fall apart. Cooling them slightly allows them to firm up & really helps give the bars that chewy & fudgey texture!
I made these bars today and they were amazing!!!!!! My whole family loved them! Thank you for such a great recipe! I can’t wait to make more of your treats!!
Awh Cheryl! Your comment means so much to me! I am so glad the whole family approved & I cannot wait to see what other recipes you make! As always, let me know if you ever have any requests! Have a great weekend! 🙂
These were delicious!
Glad you liked them!!
can I sub melted butter for avocado oil? or olive oil? thanks
Either should work! Keep me posted as I have only tested with the avocado oil! 🙂
So so so good approved by my fussy teenager too!
I am SO glad! Thanks for sharing Kay!
Best recipe I’ve made countless times. So addicting!!
I am SO happy to hear this! Thank you for your feedback Geneva 🙂